Odds are you get you a blood test every year, probably an eye exam, too.
For some reason, hearing tests have, for a very long time, been left out of the general healthcare plan for most people. Given how much we rely on the sense of hearing in our day-to-day lives, that just doesn’t seem very wise. We recommend a hearing test as part of your annual healthcare routine, so you can measure year-to-year any changes to your hearing. Hearing loss tends to come on gradually, so it is important to stay ahead of it.
Hearing tests are completely painless, easy to do and they don’t take a lot of time. Here’s what you can expect
- Discussion of your hearing and health history
- Examination of the ear canal for blockages
- Audible Tonal Testing: As tones of various frequencies are played through headphones, you are asked to respond when you hear them.
- Speech Testing: Words are spoken to you through headphones ant various volume levels to determine the softest level of speech you can understand.
- Any other testing that may be recommended based on the results of audible tone testing and speech testing.
Comprehensive discussion of results and next steps with your hearing care professional
Call us today to schedule your complimentary hearing test!